Develop specialized technical programming skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Improve both depth and breadth of programming knowledge while adding value to cutting-edge technology.
I work well under pressure, achieve high standards, take pride in my work, am well disciplined, and enjoy meeting deadlines.
- Primary Programming Languages: C# (.NET), Java, C++, C
- Auxiliary programming tools: Sun ONE Studio, IBM VisualAge for Java, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, ksh scripting, Clearcase, ant, make, imake, MS Visual C++, Visio.
- Operating Systems: AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, MS Windows 95/NT/98/2000/XP, Linux, X Windowing System.
- Other: HTML, computer hardware interfacing, Cellular technology (CDMA), multi-threaded programming, distributed programming, user interface design, OAM&P, optical networking, Photoshop, Illustrator.
|Mar 2000 – Jun 2002 ||Nortel Networks, Ottawa, ON |
- Desiged and implemented upgrade software for the HDX Network Elements. Scope spanned from Windows and Solaris based desktop GUI through Solaris management platform, controlling Network Elements via a TL1 connection.
- Primed the project’s design testing strategy. Included code coverage and memory leak tools, unit tests, static and dynamic source code analysis.
- Led the early integration activities, bringing together the various tiers of the system.
- Was a member of the design UI team, helping ensure consistent UI practices across the product.
- Authored and presented educational material to new hires on coding conventions, testing methodology, VisualAge for Java.
- Acted as prime technical consultant during new hire interviews.
- Provided documentation content for technical writers regarding software upgrade NTP.
|Jan 1999 – Mar 2000 ||Nortel Networks, Ottawa, ON |
- Designed and supported MTX billing software.
- Worked in C, C++, and scripting languages.
- Developed a problem-tracking tool for the support team during the product VO phase.
|May 1998 – Sep 1998 ||Object Technology Incorporated (IBM Canada), Ottawa, ON |
- Designed and testing user interface for VisualAge for Java.
- Created a suite of Java applets and applications to test usability and stability of product.
- Created GUI components in Smalltalk for various dialogs and windows that were used in the final product.
|May 1997 – Aug 1997 ||Acadia University, Wolfville, NS |
- Created a virtual environment in Smalltalk.
- Worked with GUI design and networking protocols.
|May 1999 ||Graduated from Acadia University, Wolfville, NS – Bachelor of Computer Science with Honours. |
Dean’s List Scholar, ACM Programming Competition Team Member, Graduated in Top 3 of Class
|Jun 1994 ||Graduated from Cobequid Educational Centre, Truro, NS – High School Diploma. |
Advanced Placement Scholar in Computer Science
I authored a short series of articles on the Java zip API for “Java Enterprise Developer” magazine.
- Programming Competition
I represented my university in the 1998 ACM programming competition. Our team advanced to the Eastern regionals in Boston, Massachusetts.
While in University, I taught an after-hours course on Java to fellow students.
- Air Cadets
I was involved in the Air Cadet movement for six years, from September 1988 to June 1994. I attained the rank of Flight Sergeant, and held the position of Flight Commander for two years.
- Private Pilot License
In 1993, through Air Cadets, I received my private pilot license.
- Avid squash player.
- Build model cars and aircraft.
- Amateur photographer.
- Play trumpet.
- Occasionally pilot private aircraft with friends and by myself.
Available upon request.