3or4 Solutions Inc.
20 Whitechapel Crescent
Develop specialized technical programming skills in a
fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Improve both
depth and breadth of programming knowledge while adding
value to cutting-edge technology.
I work well under pressure, achieve high standards, take pride
in my work, am well disciplined, and enjoy meeting deadlines.
Primary Programming Languages: C# (.NET), Java, C++, C
Auxiliary programming tools: Sun ONE Studio, IBM VisualAge
for Java, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, ksh scripting, Clearcase,
ant, make, imake, MS Visual C++, Visio.
Operating Systems: AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, MS Windows
95/NT/98/2000/XP, Linux, X Windowing System.
Other: HTML, computer hardware interfacing, Cellular
technology (CDMA), multi-threaded programming, distributed
programming, user interface design, OAM&P, optical networking,
Mar 2000 - Jun 2002
Nortel Networks, Ottawa, ON
- Desiged and implemented upgrade software for the
HDX Network Elements. Scope spanned from Windows
and Solaris based desktop GUI through Solaris
management platform, controlling Network Elements
via a TL1 connection.
- Primed the project's design testing strategy.
Included code coverage and memory leak tools,
unit tests, static and dynamic source code
- Led the early integration activities, bringing
together the various tiers of the system.
- Was a member of the design UI team, helping ensure
consistent UI practices across the product.
- Authored and presented educational material to new
hires on coding conventions, testing methodology,
VisualAge for Java.
- Acted as prime technical consultant during new hire
- Provided documentation content for technical writers
regarding software upgrade NTP.
Jan 1999 - Mar 2000
Nortel Networks, Ottawa, ON
- Designed and supported MTX billing software.
- Worked in C, C++, and scripting languages.
- Developed a problem-tracking tool for the support
team during the product VO phase.
May 1998 - Sep 1998
Object Technology Incorporated (IBM Canada), Ottawa, ON
- Designed and testing user interface for VisualAge
- Created a suite of Java applets and applications to
test usability and stability of product.
- Created GUI components in Smalltalk for various dialogs
and windows that were used in the final product.
May 1997 - Aug 1997
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS
- Created a virtual environment in Smalltalk.
- Worked with GUI design and networking protocols.
Graduated from Acadia University, Wolfville,
NS - Bachelor of Computer Science with Honours.
Dean's List Scholar, ACM Programming Competition Team Member,
Graduated in Top 3 of Class
Graduated from Cobequid Educational Centre,
Truro, NS - High School Diploma.
Advanced Placement Scholar in Computer Science
I authored a short series of articles on the Java
zip API for "Java Enterprise Developer"
I represented my university in the 1998 ACM
programming competition. Our team advanced to
the Eastern regionals in Boston, Massachusetts.
While in University, I taught an after-hours course
on Java to fellow students.
I was involved in the Air Cadet movement for six
years, from September 1988 to June 1994. I attained
the rank of Flight Sergeant, and held the position
of Flight Commander for two years.
Private Pilot License
In 1993, through Air Cadets, I received
my private pilot license.
- Avid squash player.
- Build model cars and aircraft.
- Amateur photographer.
- Play trumpet.
- Occasionally pilot private aircraft with friends and by myself.
Available upon request.